Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Peruvian Adventures

Hey there! Our first stop in Peru was Lima. It´s like any big city really...We took a day tour with an independant guide that used to be a New York cabbie. Very insightful dude. I was fully prepared to absolutely hate the food here but lo and behold, I absolutely love almost everything I have had in Peru. Went to this amazing restaurant called La Rustica which had this amazing buffet. To those that know my eating habits, I´m extremely picky. Basically I loved everything they served. I was shocked! There was a ton of food and it was soooo cheap! We´re back in the land of inexpensive folks. It ended up to be about $8 USD per person. We were stuffed. Changed my mind about Peruvian food right then and there. Will make sure to post the pics when we have a chance. Oh P.S. looks like there is a big Chinese contingent here in Peru. There are Chinese restos called Chifas EVERYWHERE...but I have yet to see a Chinese person actually work there. Our next post will be about our trek through the Andes to Machu Picchu and our Amazon Jungle adventure. Cheers!

No comments: