Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Walking off the Helados and finding Barrio Chino



Lots of walking while checking out this cool city. This is a good thing since we find ourselves treating ourselves with helados - ice cream, every so often. More cats hidden in many of the beautiful parks around town which meant making mad dashes out of parks only to have Steve wondering where the heck I went. We ventured off to find the chinatown in this place. Hardly a full c-town but more like a few stores and a few Chinese restaurants.


We decided that we could use a plate of chow mein and some green veggies. It doesn't seem like vegetables play a big part in the Argentine diet. Dinner was basic but authentic enough for our taste. Tonight, we head to a tango show and hopefully a chocolate con churros for a nightcap. Tomorrow another big steak dinner and then we'll be off to Santiago.

Ooh. I ate empanadas for the very first time. SUPER tasty and super cheap - $1 usd each. We'll need to find a internet place that I can plug my SD card reader to so I can upload the pix. Don't worry, David. We've taken pix of all the food we've eaten.
ps. Jim Fam, we're alive and well. I just found out last night that Des didn't pass on this blog to you. Keep checking for updates! Love ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom makes the BEST empanadas EVER. Maybe i'll use that as bait to get you guys to come visit home more often. :) LOVE the blog guys, keep it up!